Settlement Music School Full-Time Position – Maintenance/Security
About our Organziation:
Founded in 1908 Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States serving children and adults of all ages at six branches located in South, West and Northeast Philadelphia, Germantown, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania and now our new addition Settlement Music Online. Settlement provides over $2 million dollars each year in financial aid and scholarships to fully 60% of its students. Settlement’s reach is broad, and it continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education.
About the Position:
Settlement is looking for a full-time maintenance and security staff member at our Willow Grove Branch. The maintenance staff would be responsible for maintaining and upkeeping the entire branch including branch grounds. The maintenance staff would also be responsible for performing regular security checks throughout the entire branch.
Specific Responsibilities for this position include:
- Cleaning and servicing of restrooms throughout branch.
- Sweeping, vacuuming, and moping all stairways, hallways, and lobby floors.
- Gathering and disposing of garbage and waste materials daily.
- Assuring all security and fire alarm systems are operating properly.
- Completing routine security checks around branch and branch grounds.
- Cleaning branch grounds and parking lot of all litter, glass, or other debris.
- Locking and securing branch gate(s) nightly.
- Observing branch conditions and reporting any needed repairs or safety hazards.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods, practices, tools, and equipment used to clean buildings and furniture.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, and supplies such as vacuum cleaners, cleaning compounds and solutions.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, bend, reach and stand for extended periods.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation for travel between other Branches as needed (Specifically, the Mary Louis Curtis Branch at 416 Queen Street Philadelphia, PA 19147)
- Interviewed candidates must pass state and federal criminal background check and PA Child Abuse History Clearances.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience
The position requires hours of: Monday-Friday 1:30-9:30
To apply send a cover letter and resume by email only to: Schae X. Montgomery, Human Resources Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.