Controller – Full-time
The Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and payroll.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reporting results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Identifies any systemic issues that could become problematic.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent and highly accurate math and accounting skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, and specialized accounting software used by the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
All Positions Require: Current Pennsylvania Criminal, FBI and Childline clearances, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure release(s), and a signed Physician’s Affidavit/TB Test results.
Prospective candidates may contact Joyce Hofer-Medina, Lakeside Educational Network's Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to 215-583-3613.
Lakeside is an Equal Opportunity Employer