Looking for counselors to fill positions in Lower Bucks (Full-time - LPC, LCSW or LMFT), Montgomery (Full-time - LSW or LCSW), and Delaware County (Full-time – LPC, LCSW or LMFT)
Summary: An In-School Counselor’s role is to help students identify, manage, and overcome mental and emotional issues that are adversely affecting their education. An In-School Counselor will listen to students and ask questions to help them understand their problems and develop strategies to improve their lives. He/she will work cooperatively with school district staff to monitor and support students’ progress and transition out of services. An In-School Counselor will work with individuals, groups and families and help provide community resources as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or a related mental health field.
- Must be Licensed as a mental health care professional (LSW, LCSW, LPC or LMFT). Or as noted above.
- Compassionate and caring of students and families.
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with students, families, colleagues, and community resources.
- Empathetic and supportive with mentorship and leadership skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple students and expectations.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent time management skills; organized and able to prioritize.
- Able to organize and manage files, schedules, dates, and information.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).